Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 1 Assignments


Week 1 - Lesson 1
1) Read the Introductory Power Point
2) Focus on the Handout - Slide 4
3) Discuss and define "Culture" and "Diversity"

Culture in my own is a behavior of personality and Intellectual of every single person in a groups or unions. And for diversity is the differences that makes every person special than the others

4) Discuss ways in which people in your life are culturally different from yourself and from each other
A lot of people are different from me culturally. Because of my country have a lot of cultures. For example some of people in my country have a different religion from me. Also in language, traditional, food and history.

5) Write a definition of yourself in terms of religion, nationality, race etc.

My religion is Islam .
I`m Emirati .
I speak Arabic.
6) Complete the table - Define Cultural Diversity



Main Category
Sub-Category
Examples
1.       Religion
Hindu, Muslim, Christian
My teacher is a Christian
2.        Languages
Arabic,English,Spanish
I speak Arabic
3.        Food
Meat and rice,puree(harees)
A lot of Emiratis like Harees
4.        Cloths
Khandura , Jeans and T-shirt
I like to wear Khandura
5.        Symbol
Peregrine Falcon,Palm, Arabian Horse
The UAE symbol is peregrine falcon
6.        Traditional
Yola , Camel race , Falconry
A lot of Emiratis like watching camel race
7.        Nationality
Emirati , American, Indian
My driver is Indian
8.        Drinks
Arabic Coffee, Turkish Coffee , Tea
My father like to drink tea
9.        





























































No comments:

Post a Comment